Monday, July 6, 2015

YES, WEEKEND














I know my shirt says weekend... and that it's definitely Monday.... But you know what?? I don't think this shirt should only be worn on the weekend. Because I feel like you can make ANY day feel like the weekend. ESPECIALLY in the summer! Anybody else agree with me?! For most of my life I have been stuck waiting for the weekend. Haha I have to admit, it was a great motivator during the school year. If I could just make it to Friday, I knew I was going to be able to keep pushing and make it through the rest of the year/week/month. 

I really do love the weekend though. If the weekend could be considered a "favorite day of the week," that would be mine. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The perfect days. The weekend gave me time to be myself, time to do what I wanted to do and nobody else. I could sleep in, I could go on a spontaneous adventure, I could hang out with friends, watch the sunset, WHATEVER I WANTED. I could spend time with my family because they never had to go to work on the weekend. I didn't have to deal with school, with homework (until Sunday night ;)), and getting up early. 

Living everyday like it's the weekend gives me more motivation to make everyday count. And to do what I want to do. Not what everybody else wants me to do. It gives me incentive to start making the moments count. To stop wishing away the present and quit focusing too much on the future. 

Living everyday like the weekend = Living everyday in the moment.

xoxo // kenzie kaye

Forever 21 YES WEEKEND tank, similar here // hand-me-down floral pencil skirt // H&M maroon high tops // floppy black hat







No comments:

Post a Comment