Saturday, April 20, 2019

how do i decide?


on a mission, so much is decided for you. 
then you come home.

and then you get hammered with the question.

"SO.... NOW WHAT???" "WHAT'RE YOUR PLANS??" "WHAT'RE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE??"

on a mission you just know that everyday you are going to be doing the same routine. 

and then all of a sudden, you don't have that same structure or schedule anymore.

and all of a sudden, you have to start thinking about your future.

the past couple of weeks i have been considering a couple of things.

because i already knew i was going to school in the fall. 

but that left me the rest of the spring and the entire summer to fill.

so, how do i decide??




who actually likes making decisions?

i, for one, do not.

haha i'm the worst at making decisions!!!

i am the type of person who narrows it down to two of the better options and CAN'T DECIDE.

i can never make up my mind!

as my head is spinning round with the if's, and's, but's... 

i simply have the hardest time!!!

SO.

WHAT DO YOU DO TO DECIDE???

WHAT HELPS YOU???

here's a few things that help me!




so my hardest thing is something about myself that is a blessing but also a curse.

I AM SUCH AN EASY-GOING INDIVIDUAL.

like you know the part in "the notebook" where they're fighting and ryan gosling is like "WHAT DO YOU WANT???" and then rachel mcadams is like, "IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE." and he's like "WHAT DO YOU WANT??"

yeah. that's my life.

not because things are not simple but just because

i can see how each option would work. and i know how to make each option work in my mind.

so that also makes it really hard to decide!

and when the options are tied in my mind, i am the type of person who needs outside input.

are any of you the same way???



that's probably my go-to source of decision making.

ASKING OTHERS.





of course, i have my own reasoning and my own research before i go in and ask people what i should do.

( because i do think it's important to have your own opinion and not to just go with what everyone says. )

and i don't just ask the regular joe on the street, i ask those i love. those who know me! those who i look up to and know that they would be putting my best interests in mind.

because i really don't know everything.

and i know that there are people in my life with EXPERIENCE who've been around the tree a few times, and could potentially help me with the bigger picture.





another thing that helps me is

PRAYING ABOUT IT.

prayer has been a life-saver for me in my life.

heavenly father really knows the beginning to the end. 
he knows about my life wayyyy better than i even know about it myself.
he knows who i was before now and he knows who i will be after.

so i trust that he knows what's best for me.

( even though, sometimes that's easier said than done lol. )

but if i'm worried or struggling with something, i just tell god all about it.
i just talk to him, like i would my parents, and i ask him my questions. 
because even though he's not right by my side physically, 

he still answers prayers.

and i want to include god in my decision-making. 

if i can save myself from unnecessary wrong roads and turns, then i'm gonna take it haha.





and one last simple step i like to do 

IS MAKE A LIST.

i make a list of the pros and cons for the things i'm trying to decide between. 

and that helps my mind narrow it down. 

to know which is really the better option for me!





SO.

in review, 

i

talk it out.

pray about it.

think it through.

make a list.

oh and don't forget
to trust your gut.


usually we really know the decision before we even "really decide"



anyways!

those are some things that work for me!

but i wanna know,

WHAT WORKS FOR YOU???



xoxo // kenzie kaye

hope avenue dress // target sunnies // francesca earrings


No comments:

Post a Comment