Saturday, March 26, 2016

Is Spring Even A Thing??

















For this week's post we are throwing it back to the days when I had blonde hair. Back to when it was my spring break also! This week has been so COLD and windy and I was beginning to wonder if it was even spring. I mean, I feel like it should be summer already. I'm rather sick of wearing my winter coat everywhere and STILL freezing!!! I just keep praying we'll have warm weather soon.

"It's one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it's Summer in the light and Winter in the shade."

I couldn't agree with that quote more. I find myself trying my best to avoid the shade these days. But honestly I do love Spring. I love the flowers that start to blossom and bloom and the animals all coming back out to play. I love feeling the sun shining down on my skin and warming up the earth. I love the sunsets and the feeling of a new start, new life.

This week I am wearing a coral dress underneath of a floral button-up blouse. One of my favorite ways to style a dress is to put a shirt over the top. In order to have the shirt hit at my waist, I have a little trick up my sleeve. I grab a braided belt, (or one that will fit the size of my waist), and I will put that underneath of my shirt, and then I'll tuck the end of my shirt up into the belt so then it stays at my waist. You can mix and match so many patterns this way. It's one of my most signature outfit choices that I make and I love how you can style a dress in so many ways! And then you guys know my black booties I seem to wear in almost every post?? Well, I got myself some gray boots of the same style. Now maybe I won't have the black boots in EVERY post but now EVERY OTHER post. ;) 

Thanks for reading!! Happy Spring Everyone!!

xoxo // kenzie kaye 







No comments:

Post a Comment