Sunday, August 23, 2015

Bringing the Bling
















With the first day of my high school's school year right around the corner, I couldn't help bringing out my old homecoming dresses and having a little mini photoshoot with them.

Some of my favorite memories from high school were the dances. I loved the excitement of getting asked to a dance, figuring out the puzzle or following the clues to figure out who your date was going to be, and then getting to know my dates a little more and spending time with them in such a fun way. And most of all, I absolutely LOVED being able to dress up and feel like a princess for a night. 

I was able to go to my first formal dance my junior year of high school. I came home one night to find my room filled with balloons and tiny silver stars scattered EVERYWHERE. There was a baseball mitt on my bed with a note that read, "Will you be my catch 2 homecoming?" And I had to search all over my room for these softballs that my date had written sayings like "hot, cold, getting closer.." Until I finally found the ball with his name written on it. Which I thought was such a cute idea since I loved softball. Who knew that my date to homecoming that year would end up being one of my closest friends to this day!? I am so thankful for this memory that we got to share and our friendship that sparked because of this dance.

I'm also super grateful for all of my dates and their willingness to wear pink with me. I know the guys would have rather worn blue or red, but they showed everyone that pink can still be manly. ;)

Ugh! It's so hard for me to say goodbye to wearing these dresses because shopping for them was such a struggle. My dresses are a part of me. I was one picky shopper, let me just say that. I could not and did not stop until I found THE ONE. 

Not every dress was a "Kenzie dress."

And that is what mine had to be.

Anyways, I totally love reminiscing with these gorgeous gowns. Homecoming was always one of my favorites. I encourage everyone to go find an old photo of you and your date, and take a trip back down memory lane of one of your dances. Was your dress "in style" at the time? Did it have poofy sleeves or was it decked out with bling?? 

I find the dances being some of my favorite memories of high school. I love that I can look back and cherish that time forever.

xoxo // kenzie kaye










No comments:

Post a Comment