Saturday, June 6, 2015

Classy 2015

















June 3rd, 2015. 9 AM in the morning. 616 students. 
5 speeches. And a million degrees outside. 

The graduation ceremony was:
-exciting
-a little scary
-boring
-new
-too long
-nerve-racking
-wonderful

It was great to wake up at 5:45 in the morning knowing that it would be the last time I would ever have to wake up that early for a school activity again!!! The choir and I sat in the stands and were the first group to graduate before the others who were sitting on the floor. Little did I know when I was getting ready that morning I would be leading the group of choir members and be the very first to graduate!! I was a nervous WRECK!!! I didn't know what to do, where to go, or who to see! At least I had a lot of teachers there to tell me where to go. I must admit, making it on the jumbo-tron a few times felt pretty awesome.

It was nice to be the first, but then I had to sit through 615 more students. So that made the commencement drag on and on and on. My cute little choir teacher, Mrs. Cazier, won the Heart Of The Titan Award. I was so happy for her. She is one of the most influential and sweetest teachers of mine. She "graduated" among the rest of us, retiring from teaching after dedicating most of her life to teaching choir.  I am so grateful for her example in my life and I am so unbelievably happy to see what she does in her "free" time.

I loved being amongst my friends that day. I was so happy to have my friends and family there to support me. My boyfriend Brock and lifetime best friend Paigely also came to see me. It was great to spend most of the day with them. It was also so nice to spend the rest of the night with my best friends from 4th grade at the senior party where we spent countless hours trying to beat each other at a game of bowling.

I graduated with high honors. I wore two medals and a pin with my cap and gown.They were from Performing Arts and the Theatre Student Of The Year award that I won earlier this year at UTA (Utah Theatre Association). The scholarship pin was given to me earlier that week during a school assembly for obtaining college scholarships. 

I just LOVED how I was drowning in the fabulous white gown of mine. It was definitely the greatest fashion statement of the year. jk! I'm so glad I only had to wear it once!

I was so super excited to get my graduation present afterwards. A NEW MACBOOK PRO to use for college! (and my blog ;)) In fact that is what I am currently using to post on my blog! And I LOVE it. I can't wait to get some software on here and learn how to do some GREAT things with it in the future! 

Here I am. Class of 2015. I DID IT!

xoxo // kenzie kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment