Friday, August 26, 2016

the end of AUGUST


















All I can say is the end of August snuck up on me faster than I could have ever imagined. My world suddenly became overwhelmed with CHANGE. And change isn't typically a word that I like to deal with. Change is scary. But it's also exciting! 

August was a huge roller coaster for me. My emotions and feelings have been everywhere lately. The month started out pretty rough and slow and the days seemed to drag on and on. But then things started picking up and I started getting decorations ready for college and focusing on doing my "last activities" with my friends and family which really helped make it better. But then I realized that it was my last time riding my bike with my little brother to watch the sunset every night. It was my last late night car drive with my older brother. My last time swimming in our pool, playing the piano every day, and my very last blog post with my sister as my photographer for a little bit.. And wow that was hard to think about! Luckily I'm not too far though and I can come back home and do these things on the weekends with them/ when I have a break from school. 

This past weekend I ended up moving away from home for the first time. I don't think there is much to prepare you for something like that. The first day almost didn't feel real. I thought I was going to be going back home with my family at the end of the day. We are finally getting settled in and it's starting to feel more like my own little home. And GUYS. IT. IS. SO. CUTE.

Just wait for my next post coming up shortly, it's going to be all about my apartment makeover. I hope you guys love it as much as I do because it was the only thing that was getting me excited for the big move to be honest. 

But, it's such a fun experience. This week has been completely crazy. So many things can happen in ONE DAY here. I feel like I hardly have any free time right now. But I absolutely love it. I didn't think that I would love it this much to be honest! 

Life is good. College is good. You are good. Thank you so much for reading. I love you all so much! 

In this post I'm wearing my turtle-neck tee from H&M with my pink maxi skirt from White House Black Market. I just paired it with some AE sandals and my boho necklace from Express. I definitely used to wear turtle necks when I was little and call-me-strange but I am SO happy that they're coming back in style and are finally cute to wear. Too bad I'm a broke college student now because all of the clothes that are finally 'in style' at the moment are my FAVORITE. Like yes, bring back these updated versions of the 90's please.

I'm really excited for the rest of this semester. I can't wait to see what else happens in this year. It's going to be full of change and new things constantly but I think it'll be the perfect way to grow. I'll keep you all updated!

 Hope you enjoy this last post with my cute sister Jensyn from Stripes In Bloom <3

Until next time,

xoxo // kenzie kaye 

maxi skirt // similar see here or here // turtle neck tee // similar see here 



No comments:

Post a Comment