Monday, August 28, 2017

our trip to calgary








wow our trip to calgary, alberta, canada was SO. MUCH. FUN.

i am so thankful for my friends and my family for the opportunity i had to come up here.
i finally got to cross off my first trip to BANFF ALBERTA!
which has been on my bucket list for years now!

so many of you know i'm used to going up to canada every year but this was the first time going past my usual destination. 
usually a 10-12 hour car ride was now a 14-15 hour car ride.
but we survived!






me and three of my best friends from provo, ut decided to pack our bags for a week and head up to calgary. 
we did so many things when we were there!

we hiked grassi lakes, walked around downtown banff, took pictures at lake louise

rode down the luge! (totally felt like i was in mario kart)
went up the calgary tower!
saw the grandstand show at the stampede!

my entire life i heard about the stampede on the news up in canada, never did i ever think i would actually have the chance to go!
we didn't ride many rides but the grandstand show was SO FUN! 
it was like Americas Got Talent was RIGHT THERE in front of me!

it was such a fun and cute show and i loved every minute of it.







i was also able to go inside the edmonton temple which is the cutest little temple. 
and on sunday we were able to walk around the calgary temple. 
which reminded me of something that could have been on frozen!
it literally looked like elsa could've built that temple.
the windows had the prettiest snowflakes on them and tinted a beautiful blue.

we didn't end up seeing a bear but we did see some tim hortons, real maple syrup, and some really cute bunnies!






we spent a week up here and we tuckered ourselves out every day!
we tried to get as much as we could get done when we were up there. 
i have never seen a lake as beautiful as lake louise.
the water was such an aqua-minty blue.

the views could not be beat. 
while driving to banff they said "these are definitely not utah mountains" and they were right!
the mountains are big. they are full of greenery. and they are beyond beautiful. 







taking a trip with my friends was definitely a highlight of my summer. i wish i could show you ALL that we did up here in calgary but i was only able to grab a snippet of it. 

watch our fun travel diary from our trip below!
(there are four separate parts and won't work on youtube unless you are outside of the us, mexico, or canada... and won't work directly on here because the file size is too big... SO we went with the third option which is TWITTER. so luckily i have my video uploaded on there and that it WORKS.)

so take a look! comment below and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment