Friday, September 9, 2016

Makes SENSE... LIPSENSE





















I am now on my third week of living that "adult life" here in Provo, Utah. I still don't really know what I'm doing, still can't find a job, still a poor college student, still figuring out how to be an "adult.." 
Haha but HEY I'm still doing OKAY!! 

I love being in a town where you go to the movies and the entire room is filled with kids your age, screaming and yelling and laughing along to the same parts you are. Where you drive to your local grocery store and there's at least 70 other kids trying to find the Ramen noodle section and asking where the best deals can be found. Where you drive literally ANYWHERE in town with your windows down and you can wave hi to the random cute boy driving next to you and embarrass all of your roommates all at the same time. every. single. night.

Provo is such a fun town. There is so much to do down here and so many cute COLORED WALLS. I'm currently dying over this purple one I found the other day!!! I wish more places were like this back home because I totally would have gone outside of my own backyard if that were the case! 

But besides that point, I have an even better thing to talk about!! 
MY LIPS.

One of my very good friends and collaborators, 
Alyssa Hoffman
insta:@hofflips
sent me my very first LIPSENSE this week and I couldn't wait any longer to post about it.

Unlike my older sister....I am not a fan of lipstick. Shocking??? Maybe.
 Haha well because I never really liked lipstick, I wasn't sure if I was ever going to try it, buy it, or use it ever. So I guess you could've called me skeptical when I tried this brand. But I was hearing so many people rant and rave about it so I decided to give it a go.. and after trying this, I think I might just turn into a little mini Jensyn in the next few years. WTH!? 

They don't lie when they say that this color STAYS through whatever weather because once it was on, this bold color lasted the rest of the day! And surprisingly when I took off my make up that night, it wiped right off! I don' know if it's always that case, but it came off pretty easily so I thought that was pretty cool! 

The color I am wearing in this post is called Samon. I was a little scared to try it to be honest because I am sooooooo not into bold lips or bright colors. But ah I just loved it! And it matched my favorite new sandals I recently bought from Hollister. I love coral colors, I wear that color in my wardrobe all the time but I didn't know how much I'd like it if my lips were that bold... Needless to say I think I went with the right decision. 

I was incredibly impressed with my first Lipsense experience and can't wait to buy more. I'm thinking I'll try a more natural/neutral color next time just to have a contrast but I was so happy with this choice. :)

I would go check out miss @hofflips on instagram if you are thinking about trying Lipsense! She is the nicest girl I know in the entire universe and she will help you find the color that's right for you! She knew me more than I knew myself and suggested Samon to me and wow I just love it! 

I am now #TeamLipsense it's fine ;)

My dress in this post is from H&M 
-which is another reason why I love living in Utah County!-
H&M is only roughly ten minutes away from my beautiful house. 
((which may be my downfall and the only reason why I am actually a poor college student because I know I'm going to spend all my money there))

oops. mom secret's out.

okay I'm only kind of kidding. ;)

Right now I am currently, obsessed with turtle necks, obsessed with embroidery, and obsessed with all things inspirational. 

And that ties in my entire dress in ONE! So of course I had to get it. Right?
This dress reminds us to "stay positive" which is something that I never really struggled with growing up. But being in a new place, having to figure myself out on my own, and also having to go through some not-so-fun steps of life in order to get where I'm supposed to be, is pretty hard on the whole 'steering my ship with positivity thing!' I just need to remind myself to Stay Positive and trust that everything will work out! Because I know that it always does. And life is never as bad as it seems. 
It's all about our attitude. You can choose to see the positive or negative side of things. And I don't know about you, but I prefer the positive side a million times over the other side!!

Anyways I hope you enjoyed my post! Sorry every single one seems to be three weeks later than the one before but what can you do! 

xoxo // kenzie kaye

H&M stay positive dress // denim shirt // similar see here // Hollister Sandals // similar see here










No comments:

Post a Comment